Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I’m home for a few (3) days from working on the road so I figure I’d make a quick entry since i haven't for virtually 2 months and give an update.

For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been working on a show for the travel channel on vacation homes (appropriately titled "Vacation Home Search" - it even has a quirky perky theme song and a great logo involving a sun and bright bold colors...yeah!). The format is we follow around a family that looks at 3 vacation homes and then they pick one. If’ you’ve seen shows like “house hunters” or “double agents” on discovery or HGTV, it’s basically that with rich people who want to buy large 2nd homes :) I”ve been working as a camera assistant and been working on lighting BUT i found out yesterday that in about a month (after various other personnel changes have been made) i'll be moved up to OPERATOR which means a big raise and UNION DAYS! and it's kinda cool that i'll be able to say that i'm a camera operator for a show on the travel channel - even for a house hunting show.

In the past 7 weeks I’ve been to:

(and apologies for not calling/visiting if you happen to live in any of these locations – I
generally work 8-12 hour days then sleep when working)

Virginia (Richmond and DC area)
Outer Banks, NC
Santa Fe, NM
Branson, MO
Atlantic City, NJ
New York City
Lake Placid, NY
Wyckoff, NJ
Waitsfield, Vermont (Sugarbush ski area)
Boston, MA

Then to Rhode Island to visit Josh’s dad on Block Island and then Providence to visit his mom.

Now, back in LA for 3 days before off to HAWAII for work! It makes shooting close ups of doorways and crown molding a little easier to bear. And we get a day off, so it's not all work...i can enjoy a little bit of the tropics :)

Josh has been on the road with me as well...he's doing audio, which is a joke, but it's nice not to be out for such a long time without seeing him. did enough of the long distance thing already.

I’ll actually have my computer on the road this time so I’ll be able to check my email/update this thing a little more frequently.

aloha for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home