Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Will the court come to order....

I had my first stint at jury duty yesterday. I dragged myself downtown yesterday morning for the 7:30am report time and ended up sitting around for the entire day. Never got called for service - there was about 150 people in the room and I'm guessing there was 30 of us that were never called. Luckily my friend jake also had jury duty in the same courthouse so we chilled out, reading entertainment weeklys and listening to music.

We also found this cool little market down the street from the courthouse on Hill st - I think it was called Grand Central Market. It had about 10 different ethnic food vendors and a couple of fruit stands and a meat counter. The best part was each station had it's own neon sign - the meat counter had this neon cow. I really wish I had my camera on me. The fruit was all reall cheap too - unfortunately i had already been to the studio city farmers market the day before so i didn't need any more stuff.

But while at the studio city market, I was walking around the stalls and i saw one with a table of spray bottles set up. The labels said "Begely's Best" and had a picture of Ed Begely Jr on them. I wondered who the hell was selling this product and looked up to find Mr. Begely himself behind the table. I worked with him over the summer on a film, so it was really odd to see him in this "normal" person situation. I know he lives around there and he's always doing commercials for environmental causes. It was just very odd.

I'm excited because I actually have work today. My friend called me in to 2nd AC on a commercial - not sure what it's for but it's great pay and I love the guy who hired me. Should be a good time. And commercials always have awesome food. Yum!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was in the spray bottles?

11:32 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

i'm guessing some sort of environmentally friendly cleaing product. i didn't look that hard, because I was distracted by Ed. Maybe, if he's there at a future market, I'll be able to investigate further.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, meghan. It's a blend of natural ingredients to create a cleaning solution. I've used it (long story), and it works quite well! You can check it out here: http://www.begleysbest.com/

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home