Thursday, January 26, 2006

one of the things i would like to do in the new year is actually post every day, or almost every day, since exciting things don't always happen or other circumstances occur. nothing really exciting has happened today other than i actually ran - another thing i wanted to start doing more in the new year. to actually get in shape, that is the goal. i ran most of last week but then the winds came and kicked up all the dust and pollen so my head didn't really feel like running. grr. but hopefully i can stick to it this time.

i went to ikea today to look for shelves and a coffee table. i always have high hopes for ikea, with their cheap prices and nice designs. but i guess what comes with cheap prices is cheap products. the catalog always looks so nice but in the store, not so much. the finishes aren't quite right and there are all the holes on the inside from the adjustable shelves. i guess i should just accept it for what it is and enjoy the baskets i bought there to hold josh's game cube. but i want cheap shelves damn it.

time to read the bridal magazines my mom sent me...i had a feeling she would and lo and behold, today in the mail came a box with them in it. it probably cost her triple to actually send them what the magazines cost but i really do appreciate the thought.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day I convinced myself I didn't have to be profound or important when it comes to what I posted on my blog was an important one. Now I just enjoy the randomness. Here's to commenting on the minutia of Meghan's life!

And I totally agree about IKEA. I've always found wandering around there kind of therapeutic though.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually an often shocked by how expensive some things, like couches, are at ikea - because i'm pretty sure that anything stuffed from ikea is not a good buy. won't it get all squashy and deformed in a few months?

still the best place to get dishes and the non-vital kitchen supplies though (like little preparation utensils and the like).

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home