Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas everyone :)

currently at home in texas - new house, same old stuff. my parents moved across town into old town into this house that was built in 1905. other than being a bit cold and the decor a bit outdated, the house is really great. lots of space, a great yard, and just a good vibe about it. the kitchen is the worst part about it - weird purple/pink cabinets and outdated appliances - i actually have a pair of pants that are the same color as the cabinets. cute on pants, not very appetizing though. renovations are in order though so probably by the time i next come home - most likely next christmas - everything will be all nice and spic and span.

christmas was really nice. i got a new computer to finally replace my old 6 year old laptop. a spiffy sony vaio with 13" widescreen display. very bright and nice to look at. and it has wireless built in, which is great. no more waiting 20 minutes for it to start up or anything. very excited. also got the seinfeld dvd set, complete with ketchup and mustard container salt and pepper shakers - looking forward to watching the extras. my mom also got me these really cute purses from their trip to england - can't wait to show them off. it's nice being back home and hanging out with my family - don't get to see them as often as i want. parents are supposed to come out to LA at some point this spring - hopefully after josh and i get a new place.

no big plans for the rest of the time i'm here. hopefully my dad and i can go fake new car shopping so i have an idea of what i need to do when i finally go on my own. having never done it it's a bit daunting - but i can't wait to have a car that will start regularly and one that's not the size of a boat. i leave on new years eve so plenty of time to relax and chill out - play with my dog, veg on the couch. sounds good to me.

the new year looks like it's starting off well for me - i got a call for work when i get back - something for spike tv, probably a commerical. this guy who i've worked on my last 3 or 4 jobs with called me about it. he wants to make me his regular 2nd AC which is great since he works quite a bit and hopefully it'll give me enough hours to join the union - definitely a goal for 2005.

for those in LA, i'll be at jo yao's for new years at her shindig so if you're going, i'll see you there. if not, then have a very happy new years - i probably won't update this before then.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! rack up those hours baby!

~kara

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home