Wednesday, February 04, 2004

My roommates decided to have a roommate meeting last night. Topic of discussion: how both of them hate LA and want to move away. I know both of them don't have ties here (ie: jobs they like, boyfriends, etc) and i completely understand their desire to leave. Hell, if i knew what i wanted wasn't here, I'd leave too. Don't get me wrong, LA isn't hell...there are a lot of nice things about it. but there are many other places that i would choose to be besides here if my boyfriend and current career aspirations didn't exist. anyway...

this leaves me with a problem. both want to leave before the termination of our lease in august. one, basically as soon as possible. the other, not long after that. so i'm left with a 3 bedroom apartment and one tenant until august. they've both said that they would find subletters/pay the rent for the duration of the lease. but this whole business makes me nervous. it just doesn't seem well thought out. there is no plan. and i love plans. my whole life has been made of them and i feel comfortable with plans. just like signs that tell you what to do. road signs = good. forks in the road with no indication as to what directions it might be taking you = bad.

so, i guess as soon as there is a plan from either of them on this end, i'll feel much better about it. i know it might take some time, but it'll happen.

and if anyone knows someone who is looking to move to LA and needs a place to live, let me know. i'm looking for new roommates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home